Thursday 17 January 2019

Another poem

I Am Angry

I am angry.
Angry, angry.
Rage oozes through the cracks in my mind,
Dripping acid,
Splattering condemnation across the room.
Running across the floor in rivulets of vituperation,
Seeping into the walls,
Drenching my home with poison.
Reacting with the sweetness and love it meets
To explode into eye-watering fumes.
Anguish and worry on my baby's face,
Tears and self-recrimination on mine.

Can I stop the cracks with chocolate?
With cake? With wine?
No.
The cracks are too broad,
The anger inchoate and unreasoning.
I snap, I shout, I seethe.
I am not me,
I cannot find me,
I can only find anger.
I am angry.
Angry, angry.


by
PhysicsBear


I suggested to LittleBear that as I was so bad-tempered and feeling so angry, maybe I should write a poem like he did, and maybe if I got all the anger out into words, I'd feel better. He looked at me solemnly, "I don't think it works like that Mummy." I think he may be right.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment