Thursday 3 December 2015

Synaesthetic I-spy

LittleBear and I occasionally play "I-spy" in the car. But given that he's only small, and I'm not completely unreasonable, we have generally played with colours: "I spy with my little eye, something which is blue". And away we go.

LittleBear has increasingly been having fun playing with words, rhyming them or listing as many words as possible beginning with the same letter, so today we had a go at playing the "original" version, "I spy with my little eye, something beginning with B". And LittleBear has been giving me clues when I can't guess what he's thinking, and they've been awesome. But some of this ideas have been pretty challenging to guess....

----

"I spy with my little eye, something beginning with W"

Water?

Nope

Window?

Nope

Wipers?

Nope

I give up, what is it LittleBear?

"It's the clouds! They're white!"

----

"I spy with my little eye, something beginning with M"

Mummy?

Nope

Me?

Nope

Map?

Nope

Mouth?

Nope

Mouse? Mapusaurus? Megalasaurus? Mammoth?

Nope, nope, nope, nope

I can't think what it is...

"It's mmmmm, the noise that I'm making!"

----

And really, it didn't matter one jot whether I had any hope of guessing those. They were awesome ideas. How can anyone not love playing word games with small children?


No comments:

Post a Comment