Sunday 17 May 2015

Tired

I'm tired of being responsible.

I'm tired of organising.

I'm tired of

Shopping
Cooking
Clearing up
Washing up
Tidying
Laundering
Washing
Drying
Hanging
Folding
Putting away
Planning
Phoning
Negotiating
Working
Chasing
Mending
Sewing
Painting
Cleaning
Dusting
Gardening
Digging
Planting
Watering
Pruning
Weeding
Paving
Building
Drilling
Hammering
Sorting
Throwing
Keeping
Packing
Unpacking

I want to go on strike. I want to stop. I want a break. I want to not have to just keep going round the same endless cycle every day, every week, every month.

I couldn't be arsed to put the laundry away all week... all that happened is I had a 3 foot pile of laundry to put away this morning.

I couldn't be arsed to organise an online food shop this week... all the happened was we ran out of food and I had to go to the village shop for things for dinner most evenings.


I want to stop and not have everything stop around me.

I don't want to stop. I want to make, to do, to be, to achieve. I want time to make. I want an opportunity to achieve. I want to take a deep breath and just... be.

I don't want to stop. I want to play. I want to giggle, and cuddle, and read, and play, and draw, and paint and imagine. But I also want to sit and have a cup of tea and read my book.

I want someone else to do all the boring shit.

But mostly... I want to sleep.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment