Friday 18 October 2019

Micro-blogging

Foolishing I followed the news today and became increasingly despondent at the idiocy, self-interest and flagrant ability to tell bare-faced lies that our politicians seem to possess.

I'd been promising myself I would make pie for dinner tonight, and had been looking forward to it for several days. (I take my small pleasures where I can).

By the time dinner was approaching, I felt so gloomy and apathetic, I simply couldn't be bothered to make pie. I sat on the sofa and stared at the wall. Then I sorted out LittleBear's three(!) Rubik's cubes*.

And then I made a conscious decision not to let the Brexit shit-weasels ruin the highlight of my culinary week, so I got up from the sofa and made pie anyway.

It may be my only victory over the Brexiteers, but it was still a victory. I will not allow them to break my mental health.


* I would like to claim that my genius allows me to solve the Rubik's cube with ease. My genius extends only as far as an ability to use the internet.

1 comment:

  1. I felt exactly the same way today, but I have boiled eggs and roast some veg and made stewed apple for packed lunches anyway. Feck 'em, they're NOT going to make me eat expensive and not very tasty coffee shop food on top of all the other things they ARE doing to me/my life/my friends (very much liked and admired and relied on German-speaking colleague is leaving for a job in the rest of the EU, directly as a result of this nonsense, so I am extra fed up at the moment)

    ReplyDelete