Sunday 16 February 2020

Waiting for the call

As the regular football season for under-8s heads towards its end, FootballCoach and I are entering our boys for various tournaments through the summer. Being the reliable, dependable, sensible one from our coaching team, this task falls to me. Also, I can spell.

Most of the tournaments we enter are other local, grassroots clubs running local, grassroots tournaments. This year, however, we're entering a tournament arranged by a Proper Football Club. So they have a Proper Website for registering and paying entry fees. Which is a lot easier than some of the arcane forms that other local, grassroots clubs manage.

But... the Proper Website of Proper Football Club only appears to have one design of application form, and that form is the same if you're booking a team into a tournament, or a child onto a course, or a player in for a trial. The form is therefore quite long, and a surprising number of the fields are mandatory and are completed only by selecting from a menu of pre-approved answers.

Which is how I ended up confirming that I'm a right-footed right-back with no tendon or ligament damage within the last six months.

I'm looking forward to my call up to Proper Football Club any day now...


No comments:

Post a Comment