Wednesday 12 June 2019

A summary

I've not been blogging, mostly because I'm tired. And I'm tired because I'm busy. And I'm busy because I keep biting off more than I can chew. And then when I think about writing anything for this blog I feel a bit overwhelmed as I'm not feeling whimsical, or amusing, or informative. And I certainly don't have the energy for any ranting, no matter what I may be feeling about the current state of politics (on either side of the Atlantic).

So, herewith a summary of what's what:
  • I had a lovely holiday with Tigger, Piglet and most of their progeny. It rained, but we were happy anyway. I think we came home ten days ago, but it feels like months already.
  • I am now lagging several projects behind the mechanical engineer in designing the electronic control systems for instruments at work. He has completed The Indian Job, The Pelican Brief, Portugal-can-fuck-right-off-again and Ocelot Double Plus. I am still stuck on The Indian Job. (Yes, this is how we refer to projects at work. Technically I think they may be project numbers 1729, 2087, 2068 and who-knows-what. See? Names are so much easier. No, I do not intend to explain all those names.)
  • We had to "let go" an employee, and now we're trying to recruit again. This is (a) more work as we have to recruit, and (b) more work because we have to do the work of the person we don't have.
  • Being involved in LittleBear's football club turns out to involve a tedious number of meetings. These meetings are always on the same evening as my pilates class. I haven't been to pilates in a while.
  • Taking LittleBear and his LittleFootballTeam to tournaments is even more tiring than regular matches. They play the same total amount of football, but it's spread across four or five short matches, and three hours. Preventing insanity, injury and sunburn in eight children over that period takes its toll.
  • I appear to have tendonitis in my shoulder. I am going to switch to using my mouse left-handed to try and rest my right arm completely. Being in constant pain is tedious.
  • I can't be bothered to cook any more. 
  • Bread is featuring a lot in my meals. 
  • My trousers don't fit.
  • I have volunteered to help run a stall at the school fete.
  • I have volunteered to spend a day at LittleBear's school during Science Week teaching them about science.
  • I have volunteered to help out at LittleBear's football club's tournament.
  • I must stop volunteering for things.

No comments:

Post a Comment